I think everyone should bake a loaf of this bread right now, just so your house smells as good as mine! 🙂 Great texture and flavor – I have to say, I’m really sorry I’ve never tried all these yummy recipes before! So far, they have all been amazingly good. I did add some chocolate chips to my version, because, why not?!?
The Recipe (makes 1 loaf):
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sugar
3 very ripe bananas
2 tablespoons sour cream
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
Cinnamon Cream Cheese for serving (recipe follows)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Grease the bottom and sides of a 4×8 loaf pan with butter.
3. Mix the flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
4. Place the butter and sugar in your mixing bowl and beat with mixer until light and fluffy.
5. Break the eggs into the bowl and beat until completely blended with butter mixture.
6. Add the flour mixture and beat until smooth.
7. Peel the bananas and break into small chunks. Add the bananas, sour cream, walnuts, and chocolate chips. Blend at low speed until combined.
8. Pour the batter into the buttered loaf pan and smooth out the top with a rubber spatula.
9. Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes (I found this was spot on).
10. Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes (yeah right). Turn the pan upside down to allow the loaf to fall out. Place loaf right side up and let cool another 15 minutes (sure…) before slicing.
This bread was great on its own, but even better with some Cinnamon Cream Cheese.
Cinnamon Cream Cheese
I package softened cream cheese
1 teaspoon cinnamon (or more to taste)
2-3 teaspoons brown sugar