Here’s your pretty standard fudgy brownie recipe. I added a little “me” twist by swirling in some yummy peanut butter – just to make them that much more awesome.
4 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate (I used semi-sweet chocolate chips since I had them on hand)
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 1/2 teaspoons butter at room temperature
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla (as per usual, I did 2 teaspoons)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup melted peanut butter (optional)
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325 F
2. Using a double boiler, melt the 1/2 cup butter and chocolate over low heat. Stir occasionally. Set aside to cool when completely melted.
3. Butter the bottom and sides of a 9×12 baking dish.
4. Break the eggs into the bowl of your mixer. Add the sugar and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy (around 2 minutes).
5. Add the cooled chocolate mixture and mix at low speed until incorporated into the sugar mixture. Add half the flour and mix at low speed until mixed in. Add the remaining flour (and optional walnuts) and mix until blended.
6. Pour the batter into the buttered baking dish. If using the peanut butter option, melt 1/4 cup of peanut butter in the microwave. Place a dollop of peanut butter at each corner of the pan and 1 dollop in the center. Using a knife, swirl the peanut butter in an “S” shape from top to bottom, and then side to side. The tops of these brownies turn out a little light, so the pretty peanut butter swirls got a little lost unfortunately. But they still tasted amazing!
7. Place in oven and bake for approximately 25-30 minutes.
8. If you can…allow the brownies to cool for 15 minutes before diving in.